Chris has authored numerous publications on the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder and personality disorders.
Sample publications in the last five years:
- Laugharne, J., Kullack , Lee, C. W., McGuire, T., Brockman, S., Drummond, P., Starkstein, S. (In press). Amygdala volumetric change following psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences.
- Schubert, S., Lee, C. W., de Araujo, G., Butler, S., Taylor, G., Drummond, P. D. (2016) The effectiveness of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) to treat symptoms following trauma in Timor Leste. Journal of Traumatic Stress. DOI: 10.1002/jts.22084
- Jongh, A., Resick, P. A., Zoellner, L. A., Minnen, A., Lee, C. W., Monson, C. M., . . . Feeny, N. (2016). Critical Analysis of the Current Treatment Guidelines for Complex PTSD in Adults. Depression and anxiety. DOI: 10.1002/da.22469.
- Meysner, L., Cotter, P., & Lee, C. W. (2016). Evaluating the Efficacy of EMDR With Grieving Individuals: A Randomized Control Trial. Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, 10(1), 1-11. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1891/1933-318.104.22.168
- Wong, M.Y., Lee, C.W., & Ree, M (2015). Enhancing CBT for chronic insomnia: A randomised control trial of additive components of Mindfulness or Cognitive Therapy. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy DOI: 10.1002/cpp.1980
- Bach, B., Lee, C., Mortensen, E. L., & Simonsen, E. (2015). How Do DSM-5 Personality Traits Align With Schema Therapy Constructs? Journal of Personality Disorders, 29, 212. doi:10.1521/pedi_2015_29_212
- Gilomen, S. A., & Lee, C. W. (2015). The efficacy of acupoint stimulation in the treatment of psychological distress: A meta-analysis. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry, 48(0), 140-148. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbtep.2015.03.012
- Wetzelaer, P., Farrell, J. Evers, S., Jacob, G., Lee, C.W., et al. (2014) Design of an international multicentre RCT on group schema therapy for borderline personality disorder. BMC Psychiatry, 14:319. doi:10.1186/s12888-014-0319-3 McGuire, T. M., Lee, C. W., & Drummond, P. D. (2014). Potential of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Psychology Research and Behaviour Management,7,273 http://trauma.massey.ac.nz/issues/2014-1/AJDTS_18-1_McGuire.pdf
- Lee, C. W., & Cuijpers, P. (2014). What does the data say about the importance of eye movement in EMDR? Journal of Behavioural Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry 45, 226-228.
- Boterhoven De Haan, Katrina L, & Lee, Christopher W. (2014). Therapists’ thoughts on therapy: Clinicians’ perceptions of the therapy processes that distinguish schema, cognitive behavioural and psychodynamic approaches. Psychotherapy Research, 25(5), 538-549.
- McGuire, T. M., Lee, C. W., & Drummond, P. D. (2014). The need for careful study design when investigating the benefits of psychological interventions for trauma survivors: a commentary on Renner, Bänninger-Huber & Peltzer (2011). Australasian Journal of Disaster and Trauma Studies, 18(1), 1-5.
- Geddes, K., Dziurawiec, S., & Lee, C.W. (2013). Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for the Treatment of Emotion Dysregulation and Trauma Symptoms in Self-Injurious and Suicidal Adolescent Females: A Pilot Programme within a Community-Based Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. Psychiatry Journal.http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/145219
- Lee, C.W., & Arntz, A. (2013). A Commentary on the Study on Dual-Focused vs. Single-Focused Therapy for Personality Disorders and Substance Dependence by Ball et al.(2011): What Can We Really Conclude? The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 201(8), 712-713.
- Lee, C. W., & Cuijpers, P. (2013). A meta-analysis of the contribution of eye movements in processing emotional memories. Journal of Behavioural Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry 44, 231-239.
- Lee, C.W. (2012). EMDR: treatment research and practice. In Encyclopaedia of Trauma. Editor Charles Figley. 253-255, Sage publication.
- Ho, M., & Lee, C.W. (2012), Cognitive behaviour therapy versus eye movement desensitization and reprocessing for post-traumatic disorder – is it all in the homework then? Click here for article. Revue Europeene de Psychologie Appliquee, 62(4), 253-260.
- Kristjánsdóttir, K., & Lee, C. W. (2011). A comparison of visual versus auditory concurrent tasks on reducing the distress and vividness of aversive autobiographical memories. Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, 5(2), 34-41.
- Roelofs, J., Lee, C., Ruijten, T., & Lobbestael, J. (2011). The mediating role of early maladaptive schemas in the relation between quality of attachment relationships and symptoms of depression in adolescents. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 39(4), 471-479.
- Schubert, S. J., Lee, C. W., & Drummond, P. D. (2011). The efficacy and psychophysiological correlates of dual-attention tasks in eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 25(1), 1-11.
- Cockram, D. M., Drummond, P. D., & Lee, C. W. (2010). Role and treatment of early maladaptive schemas in Vietnam veterans with PTSD. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, 17(3), 165-182.
In 2014, Chris won the EMDR International Association award for outstanding research.
In 2011, Chris won the prestigious ‘Ian Campbell Award’, the only prize given by the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society, for his contributions to research and collegial education in the field, as well as for excellence in clinical practice.
In 2011, Chris was awarded an EMDR American Association’s prize for having EMDR accepted by the American equivalent of Medicare (NREPP).
In 2009 he was awarded the inaugural Francine Shapiro award by EMDRIA Europe.
In 2007, the International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies awarded him a prize for research excellence.
In 1999, Chris was awarded the EMDR International Association prize for Research Excellence.